The risk that people with COVID-19 can spread the virus to pets is small. However, the CDC recommends that:
- Pet owners limit their pets' interaction with people outside of the household.
- Keep cats indoors when possible.
- Keep dogs 6 feet away from others when taking them for a walk.
- Avoid places where a large number of people gather.
- Do not put a face mask or covering on your pets as it can harm them.
- Do not use chemical disinfectants on your pet.
If you believe your pet is sick or have any concerns, contact your veterinarian.